Parent Education & Support Group
- who are parenting children with special needs
- who want further education about their special needs child
- who want to enhance their parenting skills
- who want support from other parents with similar needs
Parent Group: Obsessions & Repetitive Behaviors
Free March Parent Group – Thursday, March 28th from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. in the San Jose office.
Does your child obsess about things or have repetitive behaviors? This can be stressful for parents, because their child can escalate when it seems no one is listening or they’re stuck and can’t move forward with their day. Please join Janelle Schmidt, MFT, in a discussion on how you can help your child get ‘unstuck’ when he or she begins to perseverate.
The next parent group will be Thursday, April 25, from 10:00am – 12:00pm in the San Jose office. The topic will be: Helping Your Child Experience the World, Sensory Needs & Resulting Behavior.
Parent Education and Support Group is a FREE group; Please RSVP if you are planning to attend.
- Meet other parents who have special needs children
- Support & be supported by group participants
- Learn new self-care & parenting techniques
- Get new ideas from other parents
- Learn more about ways to help your child & whole family
- Learn more about your child’s disability
- Learn more about Aspiranet’s way of working with your child & family
- Learn more about other programs & treatments
Location: Aspiranet FFSN – San Jose Office
588A Blossom Hill Rd (2nd Floor), San Jose
Janelle Schmidt, MFT 408-802-1015